Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today I heart funny things kids say!

Today I heart funny things kids say!! I keep a journal of funny things said by students over the years. I love going back and reading them. I tend to do this when I have a rough day or am frustrated with a student. It totally helps! I will share a couple of my favorites...

"Miss Nelson, Daniel says he is intimidated by you because you look like Usher."
(Yes, that would be Usher, the black rapper)

One day I told kids that I wish I had Barbies when I was younger. A student says back, "Why? So you could learn how to fix hair?"

I gave students a night off from homework and one kids says, "Great, now what am I supposed to do to waste time until The Simpsons comes on?"

Man I love kids!

4 comments:

Erin S. said...

Hi Tori-
Speaking of things that kids say, it reminded me of your not so great microphone. It made me think of a website I heard about at the conference I attended.
http://www.ipadio.com/
This site lets you record a podcast over the phone. Hope this is a bit helpful.

Candace said...

We could definitely all contribute to a HILARIOUS book of funnies from kids, couldn't we? Maybe I have already told the story of the day I was checking in homework pages as students were taking an assessment. I burst out laughing and had to quickly regain my composure when I read what one particularly odd student had written on the name line of his homework: "Johnny," who women think is hot" I about died laughing... because it was so funny, but also because it seemed so out of character to me.

GB said...

Thank for the comedy relief!! Too funny. I hear it all the time. Kids are so gosh darn honest. Keep up the great post.

Deanna Thyr said...

These were really cute. I wish I had started something like this when I first started. Would be great to remember some of the funny things my kids have said. Thanks for sharing!