Monday, April 16, 2012

Today I heart dreams!!

Today I heart dreams!! In this case, I'm not referring to the dreams that happen in the wee hours of the night. I'm referring to the the hopes and aspirations we have for ourselves. When I was 8 years old, in my second grade class, I told my teacher that one day I would be the head girls' basketball coach at Mossyrock High School (the high school I would one day attend and graduate from). After 4 years of being an assistant, I may get that chance. As of 8:30 tomorrow morning, the current head coach will be retiring. Here's to dreams coming true...hopefully!

5 comments:

Tracy Dunn said...

Tori, that is a great! I hope you receive your dream very soon. This brought back memories of some of the things I wanted for my future as a little girl. Softball is a passion of my too. I played in college, third base.

T. Stariha said...

Yah, good luck! I hope it works out, you are a great coach! When I hear you talk about it I can tell you have the heart, dedication and love for the sport but also the players.

Erin S. said...

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. I agree with Tina, you have the passion and dedication to be an amazing head coach. They would/will be lucky to have you. BTW, if you get this position, will that mean a new tattoo?

Tori Nelson said...

Erin, you bring up an interesting idea...I already have a basketball with my number in it. But I like the idea of getting something to symbolize a dream come true. Hmm...
And thank you Tina and Erin, those are very kind words! Tracy, I too enjoy softball, played slow pitch in high school and still play co-ed in the summer.

Cochran said...

I think a new tatoo will definately be in order! Afterall, Tatoo Tori (that is what you called yourself in Steve's class, right?) you deserve it!